Put all your eggs in one basket
- Having all of your resources or efforts in just one possibility is very risky.
- Don’t risk everything on the success of one venture.
- This is a piece of advice which means that one should not concentrate all efforts and resources in one area as one could lose everything.
- We need to be more tactical and not put all our eggs in one political basket
- Don’t you think submitting only one job application is putting all your eggs in one basket?
- I put all my eggs in one basket when I quit my job and moved out west—fortunately, I found an apartment and a job before I spent all of my savings.
- If someone puts all their eggs in one basket, they put all their effort or resources into doing one thing so that, if it fails, they have no alternatives left.
- Mr Tan’s financial adviser urged him to be careful and not put all his eggs in one basket by investing all his money on stocks.
- The best way to gamble is to only bet small amounts of money and never put all your eggs in one basket.
- We know that you want to become an actor and we support you, but we still want you to graduate from college. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
- My father is a very careful investor; he never puts all of his eggs in one basket.
- Athletes often put all of their eggs in one basket and when they get seriously injured their careers and lives are ruined.
- I was so sure that I’d get that job that I turned down two other employment offers. Of course my parents warned me not to put all of my eggs in one basket.
- Let’s diversity our stock investments—putting all our eggs in one basket is too risky.
- I really want to be an actor but I’ve started writing screenplays and have also learned how to edit because I don’t want to put all of my eggs in one basket.
- Are you sure you should have the surgery done without at least one more doctor’s opinion? I hate to see you put all your eggs in one basket for something so important.
- I know it’s stupid to put all my eggs in one basket but I really feel like this is an amazing investment opportunity.
- We sold our house and used our pension to fund our failed business venture—I knew it was foolish to put all our eggs in one basket.
- You need to get a financial adviser who can help you manage your money because you’re risking everything by putting all your eggs in one basket.
- Don’t you think you might be putting all your eggs in one basket by only trying to get dates with supermodels?
- My son put all his eggs in one basket by only applying to Harvard University, but luckily he was accepted.
- I hope you understand you’re putting all your eggs in one basket by dropping out of school to accompany your boyfriend and his band on their tour.
- My grandparents put all their eggs in one basket when they only invested in one stock back in the 90’s—thank goodness it was Microsoft!
Did you know?
This phrase was said to be first used in the novel “Don Quixote”, where it was written, “It is the part of a wise man to keep himself today for tomorrow, and not venture all his eggs in one basket.”